Monday, April 10, 2017

Run, Swim, Walk - the RACE!

Just DO IT!

Image result for exercising in a pool


Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Your job is to keep it in good condition!

EXERCISE – the dreaded word.
But – is it really?
As the Nike commercial says: “Just Do It!”

Exercise has never been easy for me. I would rather sit and read a delightful book, or be on the computer at my desk working on things that are important to me. I was never one of those kids who participated in summer sport activities. I would wait anxiously for my Weekly Reader newspaper to arrive in the mail so I could sit under the shade of the weeping willow tree in my back yard and read.

Last year I began walking in a pool three times a week. My motivation was that I could go to the pool for free! Being 66, I belong to the Silver Sneakers through my health insurance and decided I should take advantage of that perk. I lost 35 pounds in 2016 and my goal is to lose 40 more pounds this year.

Slow and steady wins the race!
Each step in the pool is a step towards the goal of being healthier and happier.
Whatever type of exercise intrigues you, DO IT!

Exercise is good for you. It helps your energy level, your mood
It helps you sleep better and gives you more confidence

Find a friend to join you in your journey. Partner together. Enjoy life.

Get Up, Get Going, Get Healthy!
4/10/17



No comments:

Post a Comment