Tuesday, September 8, 2015

THE SECRET TO CONTROLLING CLUTTER

Don’t buy so much stuff!

Contentment – The Basic Needs of Life
Philippians 4:11 – “I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am”

I was a hoarder!

In the early years of my marriage I spent a lot of time and money on things I didn’t need but things I wanted!

As I look back over those years I realize that I was placing my happiness and contentment on things that I possessed.  Even when it meant hurting the household budget to get them or being dishonest with my husband when asked: “Where did the money go?”

I honestly don’t think I have anything left that I bought way back when. 

I used it until I got tired of it then sold it at a garage sale (for a lot less than I paid for it) or I simply gave it away.
It’s so important to learn to distinguish between our
wants and our needs.

Stop and think – take stock of your cupboards, closets, storage ---- and ask yourself?

Do I really NEED three sets of dishes?  One for every day, one for show and one for holidays?



Do I really NEED a cupboard full of glassware – like 50 varieties of mismatched glasses and cups for two or four people? (This should spur you on to clean out that cupboard and get rid of the waste).
 
 

Do I really NEED the latest cooking gadget or casserole dish that costs hundreds of dollars?

I am telling you that my lasagna tastes just as good out of a glass dish (from a garage sale or thrift store) as it does from a $250.00 casserole dish.

Don’t be fooled by advertising that lures you to spend money you don’t have or should be spending on something else. 

We are a society of hoarders – even if we don’t make it on the TV program.

Take a look at your surroundings, your belongings, your possessions.

Are there things you really don’t need?

True happiness comes from who you are not what you have!

Just sayin!

Check out this website for some great ideas to get rid of cupboard clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment