Friday, October 2, 2015

LOVING THE MEN IN OUR LIVES

This week my bible study group will be discussing and studying the topic of Loving the Men in Your Live and Understanding Men.  What does God's word (the Bible) really say about loving others - especially our husbands, fathers, sons, grandfathers, brothers, grandsons, uncles, nephews, cousins, coworkers, friends.

Regardless of our marital status God places men in our lives as an opportunity to bless. 
Are you a woman of integrity? 
Do you dress modestly? 
What comes out of your mouth? 
What comes out of your heart?
What priority does the concern for their welfare have in your life?

I admire several men for what they stand for.  Today I share with you two of my favorite athletes.
One is Tony Dungy the other is Peyton Manning (my middle grandson is named after him).
Both are athletes and both possess the quality of integrity
I wonder what their mamas were like and how they had an influence on them.


My husband loved football.  I had to learn to at least like the game as I was his commentary and his eyes (he was blind). Oh, the things I learned about men, sportsmanship and my husband while watching those games.

Today I would like to introduce you to two devotionals I have fallen in love with.  They are both by coach Tony Dungy.  One is written to be read for each day - 365 devotional topics.  The other contains 52 devotionals for each week of the year.

Check out these two books through Amazon or Amazon Kindle.

The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge
by Tony Dungy
This devotional focuses on seven themes that rotate throughout the year.  Core, Family, Friends, Potential, Mission, Influence and Faith.

 
and
 
Achieving Your Potential (The Uncommon Life Weekly Challenge)
by Tony Dungy

 
 
Take a look and purchase one for your personal use.  You will not regret it.  Both of these have been instrumental in my walk with Jesus - written by a man but the readings resonate with the heart of a woman seeking God's best for her life.
 
Have a blessed weekend!
Beth
 



No comments:

Post a Comment